It’s time to talk about time. This time, we make time to discuss real-time play, abstractions, and dramatic units of time in RPGs and other games, which takes us into territory about focus, abstraction, and player agency once again.
Expand the episode with these links:
- Caitlynn Belle’s Message is a text game you play in an hour.
- The Beast (Fair warning: contains adult content)
- Black Sun Deathcrawl
Also, re: Continuum — There are 5 Levels of Span (time travel ability, basically) in the game:
- Span 1 -> Span 2 requires two months of real time, including 3 4-hour sessions
- Span 2 -> Span 3 requires three additional months of real time, including 4 4-hour sessions
- Span 3->Span 4 requires four additional months of real time, including 5 4-hour sessions
- Span 4->Span 5 requires five addition months of real time, including 5 4-hour sessions
- Additional Span levels are possible, each of which require 5 months of real time and 5 -4 hours sessions, plus some fictional triggers.
What do you think? Weigh in on the show, your own work, and what you want us to talk about next, by searching for our G+ Community.